Tuesday, November 1, 2016

For my 30th birthday, as a surprise gift (having witnessed me spending all my time in garden centres playing with the display models), my wife bought me a BarbeSkew - I believe the product was originally launched on Dragons Den (don't quote me on that), and its USP is that it has a rotisserie function (3 main spits across the top, supporting both a normal spit and several cage spits).



If hot-n-fast is your thing (or relatively fast at least - I regularly cook whole chickens or joints of meat that cook for a couple of hours), then this is a great addition to your outside eating setup. It has a normal grill and can easily operate as a regular BBQ for grilling, but because of the rotisserie, it doesn't have a sealable lid, so can't really be setup for indirect cooking (if you wanted to start experimenting with low-n-slow, for example, this wouldn't be so good). I use this along side my Weber Smokey Mountain - cooking whole chickens (or any chicken really) this is still my preferred option - and cooking for a crowd, you can easily setup the two cages with sausages/burgers/chicken and leave it to cook not having to worry about it burning or turning it.



Honestly, there is something special about rotisserie chicken over hot coal - succulent, moist with beautifully crisp skin, perfectly seared over the high temperatures and direct heat of the coals.
Previous Post
Next Post

post written by:

Food, tech, gadget, movies.. (the list goes on) nerd.

0 comments: